|Some Other Beer Bottles - From Defunct East Anglian Breweries|
on 04.07.16 - click for details)
|Cooper Brown||Bagge||Bidwell||North Norfolk||Wymondham Brewery||Lacons||Greene King||F. C. Christmas||Catchpole||Cobbold||Tolly||Morse||Youngman Preston||Melton||Adnams||Colchester Brewing Co.||Daniell||Nicholl||Hall||Simpson|
|Dereham||Kings Lynn||Thetford||Trunch||Wymondham||Gt. Yarmouth||Bury St. Edmunds||Haverhill||Ipswich||Lowestoft||Melton||Southwold||Colchester||Ely||Baldock|
|Brewery information extracted from "A Century of British Brewers 1890 - 1990" by Norman Barber (Brewery History Society)|
|Simpson (High Street)
- Brewery founded in 1730s
- Purchased by Simpsons in 1853
- Sold to Greene King in 1954
- Brewery closed in 1965 and demolished in 1968
|Bury St. Edmunds|
|Greene King (Westgate Street)
- Formed in 1887 from merger of E. Greene & Son (Westgate Brewery - founded 1806) and F. W. King (St. Edmunds Brewery - founded 1868)
|Colchester Brewing Co. Ltd. (Eagle Brewery, East Hill)
- Brewery founded in 1828 by Christopher Stopes and Richard Hurnard.
- Acquired by the Norfolk & Suffolk Brewery Co. Ltd. in 1987 and name changed to Colchester Brewing Co. Ltd.
- Acquired by Inde Coope in 1925 and closed.
|Daniell & Sons (Castle Brewery, 6 Maidenburgh Street)
- Founded in 1866
- Merged with Daniell & Sons of West Bergholt in 1887 and Castle brewery closed by March 1892
|Nicholl & Co. Ltd (East Hill Brewery)
- Founded in 1830
- Acquired by the Colchester Brewing Co. Ltd in 1920
- Brewery demolished in 1971.
|Catchpole (Unicorn Brewery, Foundation St.)
- Unicorn Brewery Co. Ltd. wound up in 1923 and their 56 tied houses divided equally between Tollemache and Cobbold.
- Brewery converted into housing.
|Cobbold (Cliff Brewery, Cliff Rd.)
- Founded in Harwich in 1723 by Thomas Cobbold.
- Moved to Ipswich in 1746.
- Merged with Tollemache in 1957 to form Tolly Cobbold.
- Acquired by Ellerman in 1977 which was aquired by Barclay Brothers in 1983.
- Tolly Cobbold acquired by Ridleys in 2002 & brewing ceased.
Possible Tolly bottle (no embossing)
|Tollemache (Brook Street Brewery, 39 Upper Brook St.)
- Brewery founded in 1856
- Acquired by Tollemache brothers in 1888
- Merged with Cobbold in 1957 to form Tolly Cobbold
- Brewing ceased in 1961.
(Link to details of Cheshire Pubs)
|Morse (Crown Brewery, Crown St.)
- Started in 1868
- Acquired by Morgans in 1936 and brewing ceased
- Premises now occupied by windsor & Newton
|Youngman Preston (Eagle Brewery, Rantscore)
- Founded by 1844
- Acquired by Lacons in 1919
- Brewing ceased by 1922
- Buildings occupied by Birdseye since c.1960
|Churchill (Brewery Rd.)||North Norfolk Brewery (Brewery Road)|
|- Brewery founded in 1803
- Acquired by Morgans in 1952 (with 9 public houses)
- Now demolished
|Link to more compehensive information (North Norfolk Bottles - Trunch Beers)|
|Great Yarmouth Lacons Thumbnails|
|Lacons (Falcon Brewery, Church Plain)
- Brewery founded in 1640.
- Acquired by Lacons in 1760.
- Taken over by Whitbread 1965.
- Closed in 1968 and brewery demolished.